A shoe rack gives a systematic arrangement to all your footwears. Getting one is easy but the placement of your shoe rack may require a lot of wisdom. As per Hindu Mythology "Vastu Shastra" is the traditionally accepted science of architecture and plays a major role in design, layout and structure of present-day Indian homes. While the structure and interior of some homes are typically designed keeping in mind the Vastu norms, there are some small things to be taken care of. One of such things is the correct placement of shoe rack. Vastu Shastra even describes the correct placement of shoe racks in your house, which can bring fortune to your lives and controvert, a wrong placement can hinder growth and opportunities. Below are described the directions and areas in an apartment, where one should and should not place a shoe rack.
Never Place Here:
- A shoe rack should never be placed on the entrance of the house as it is believed that the main door is where goddess "Lakshmi" resides. A rack on the entrance creates blockage and generates stress in mind and blocks the money.
- Never place the shoe racks in the bedroom.
- Never keep a clutter of shoes in front of the main door.
- Never place the shoe racks in North, South-East or East direction. East section is enhanced to generate prosperity and positivity in a house. So try keeping this section as clean as possible and avoid keeping things like broom, cleaning clothes, shoe racks, etc.
- Maintain a suitable gap between the temple of the house and the shoe stand.
- Place your shoe rack in west or south-west direction.
- If keeping at the entrance is the only option, keep it outside the door and avoid holding the shoe racks at the inside entrance.
- Your shoe racks can find a place in the living room of the house. The ideal position of situating a shoe rack is the south- west corner of the main hall or porch.
- Keep your shoe racks clean and well arranged as the unclean shoe racks brims up negativity in the house.
- Keep your shoes well organised and avoid stacking, to ease up the work; you can get shelves or cabinets as per the availability of space.
Even if you are not a Vastu believer, these tips will help you to give a more neat and disciplined look to your house. Keeping cleanliness is not only advised by Vastu but is essential for a healthy environment too. Cluttered shoes make your place look disorganised, giving an unpleasant feeling and putting your shoe racks at the entrance or in the bedroom can give an irrupt look as these areas have limited space. Following the tips is not harmful to anyone, and may bequeath you with some advantages.
If you are searching for a stylish shoe rack for your place, do have a look at the exclusive collection of wooden shoe racks on the online wooden furniture store – WoodenStreet. For more updates about the interior and furniture designs stay tuned.